Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I figure out what the kids are going to be and usually have their costumes done by September. Since my parents moved, I was on my own for the first time. My mom has always helped me/made the costumes. With moving, however, I was a little behind schedule. Rachel, my sister-in-law, took pictures of the kids for me. They turned out so good. Thank you, Rachel!
Hannah was a witch. I made her costume with help from my mom via text messaging pictures. Hannah designed her costume, she picked out the fabric. I thought she did a really good job. I had to stop myself from over embellishing. You can't see, but I hand sewed spiders all over the dress and hat.Gavin originally wanted to be a ghost, but once he saw a picture of Frankenstein online he was hooked. His jacket is a long sleeve black T-shirt I cut up the middle and sewed two pieces of felt for the lapel. I made his head from the bottom of a gallon milk jug. Painted it green and added the hair.
Luke was a black widow spider. I wanted to put a little black cap on him, but he would not keep it on, so I didn't even bother. I was nervous about his costume, but it was pretty easy to do.We carved pumpkins with Kevin's parents. Steve got really into it!Kevin taking it seriously...The best part was turning out the lights and singing the Halloween song... so spooky!
We had so much fun Trick or Treating. There were so many kids out in our neighborhood and almost every house gave out candy. After we were done Trick or Treating we went to our "super" neighbor's house and the kids traded candy.
Gavin and Brennen were sliding the pumpkin bucket back and forth and Luke was trying to catch it. He was cracking up.
I need to make my house more spooky next year. I had my mums and Jack-o-lanterns in front. I think I'll add some spider webs, ghosts in the window, and some orange lights.
It was the best Halloween!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

looks like you're loving san diego!

Anie said...

What adorable costumes- and of course you made them! You're amazing! I love your new top header pic. Dang your kids are cute!

heather said...

you are amazing for making all those costumes. the homemade ones are always so much better! i love them!

ruth said...

WOw great job on the costumes!! SO cute.

Coco Anthony said...

The New York Islanders liked what they saw from Steve Staios Cheap Jerseys in camp on a tryout basis, and on Friday signed the veteran defenseman to a one-year contract. Davis was charming, cantankerous Cheap Jersey and Wholesale NFL Jerseys compassionate -- a man who when his spouse a Wholesale NFL Jersey break down severe Cheap NFL Jerseys heart attack Cheap NFL Jersey within the 1970s NFL Jerseys relocated in to the woman's NFL Jersey medical center space. But he had been Replica NFL Jerseys best known like a Replica NFL Jersey rebel, a guy who established NFL Football Jerseys a team in whose gold NFL Football Jersey and black colours NFL Football Jerseys For Sale and sailing logo symbolized their attitude toward authority, each on NFL Football Jersey For Sale the field and off. Before NHL Jersey decrease of the Raiders NHL Jerseys in to perennial losers in the first NHL Hockey Jerseys decade of the Twenty-first NHL Hockey Jersey century, Davis was a Hockey Jerseys champion, the person who as a Hockey Jersey coach, then owner general Replica NHL Jerseys manager-de facto coach, set up exactly Replica NHL Jersey what he or she known as "the group Cheap NHL Jerseys from the decades" according to an additional Cheap NHL Jersey motto: "Commitment in order to Quality

Coco Anthony said...

Raiders Cheap NHL Hockey Jerseys were excellent, winning 3 Super Bowls Cheap NHL Hockey Jersey during the 1970s as well as Eighties and contending every Cheap Hockey Jerseys other season -- a business filled with Cheap Hockey Jersey castoffs and troublemakers who turned MLB Jerseys into difficulty with MLB Jersey regard to opponents. He was a soccer MLB Baseball Jerseys guy -- his entire life was round the MLB Baseball Jersey sport he or she cherished Baseball Jerseys,Inch stated Tennessee Titans Baseball Jersey owner Bud Adams, an original AFL Cheap MLB Jerseys owner of the Houston Oilers Cheap MLB Jersey. "He labored their in place through the Cheap MLB Baseball Jerseys rates and had an understanding of stages of the sport Cheap MLB Baseball Jersey. That have assisted him being an Cheap Baseball Jerseys proprietor. He was not the same as every other Cheap Baseball Jersey proprietor by doing so. As an AFL Replica MLB Jerseys guy, he or she is at that group that pressed our category Replica MLB Jersey forward. I did not see him or her over the last couple of years, and I know many, such as Wholesale MLB Baseball Jerseys myself, will miss him.