Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I figure out what the kids are going to be and usually have their costumes done by September. Since my parents moved, I was on my own for the first time. My mom has always helped me/made the costumes. With moving, however, I was a little behind schedule. Rachel, my sister-in-law, took pictures of the kids for me. They turned out so good. Thank you, Rachel!
Hannah was a witch. I made her costume with help from my mom via text messaging pictures. Hannah designed her costume, she picked out the fabric. I thought she did a really good job. I had to stop myself from over embellishing. You can't see, but I hand sewed spiders all over the dress and hat.Gavin originally wanted to be a ghost, but once he saw a picture of Frankenstein online he was hooked. His jacket is a long sleeve black T-shirt I cut up the middle and sewed two pieces of felt for the lapel. I made his head from the bottom of a gallon milk jug. Painted it green and added the hair.
Luke was a black widow spider. I wanted to put a little black cap on him, but he would not keep it on, so I didn't even bother. I was nervous about his costume, but it was pretty easy to do.We carved pumpkins with Kevin's parents. Steve got really into it!Kevin taking it seriously...The best part was turning out the lights and singing the Halloween song... so spooky!
We had so much fun Trick or Treating. There were so many kids out in our neighborhood and almost every house gave out candy. After we were done Trick or Treating we went to our "super" neighbor's house and the kids traded candy.
Gavin and Brennen were sliding the pumpkin bucket back and forth and Luke was trying to catch it. He was cracking up.
I need to make my house more spooky next year. I had my mums and Jack-o-lanterns in front. I think I'll add some spider webs, ghosts in the window, and some orange lights.
It was the best Halloween!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

looks like you're loving san diego!

Anie said...

What adorable costumes- and of course you made them! You're amazing! I love your new top header pic. Dang your kids are cute!

heather said...

you are amazing for making all those costumes. the homemade ones are always so much better! i love them!

Ruth said...

WOw great job on the costumes!! SO cute.