Friday, March 12, 2010

Our February

It has been too long, but I have several good excuses.
January was a quiet month, I finally started to feel like I was getting back into a good routine. I had adjusted to having a new little baby. My house started to get cleaner, I was getting the laundry done!!!
Hannah got into Junior Kindergarten the beginning of February. She goes to school Monday-Friday, from 8:15am-2:32pm. We leave the house at 7:45 so we have plenty of time to get to school and she can play for ten minutes before the bell rings. She brings her lunch to school and has a backpack and everything.
Hannah had "Crazy Day" at school. She wore a crazy outfit. When I dropped her off I didn't see any kids in crazy outfits, I started to panic. I dropped her off and ran into the office to ask. I didn't want to scar her for life by making her dress this way for no reason. Thank goodness it was "Crazy Day." When I walked out I started to notice other kids, but none of them had Hannah's school spirit!I enrolled Gavin back into Tiny Tots through the Parks and Rec program. He loves it. He goes Tuesday and Thursday 8:30-2:00. Tuesday and Thursday mornings are quite busy at our house. They love school and I love both of them in school. It's crazy to think I have 2 kids in school. I get so giddy sometimes on Tuesday and Thursday. Just one baby, it's soooo easy! I like to do my running around during this time and I have even gone out to lunch a few times with old friends.

Palm Springs:
My parents took us all to Palm Springs the first weekend in February for my birthday. It was a fun trip! We took the Palm Springs Aerial Tram up to the snow. It was amazing! In ten minutes we went from the desert to the tops of the snowy mountains. The ride was beautiful and pretty exciting. Every time you switch to a new line the tram sways and you are suspended in air for a moment.
It was a 10 minute walk from the lodge to a suitable place to play in the snow. Hannah and my Dad had a blast. The first thing Hannah did was throw her bundled little body on the snow and made a snow angel. Poor Gavin was freezing and miserable. He didn't last long. Luke was bundled in his infant carrier. Luke fell asleep in the car on the way to the tram and slept the whole way up the tram, down the path, playing in the snow, walking up the path, down the tram in the car and didn't wake up until we were in the restaurant eating lunch!

We had fun swimming in the 85 degree pool and I won the Scrabble Tournament that night! Kevin taught Gavin how to play ping-pong. He was able to hit the ball a few times. It was so nice to spend some time with my family and so nice to spend some time with my husband alone! My mom watched Luke a few times so we could go for a walk or sit in the hot tub.

I can't wait to go back this summer and try out the Lazy River (hint hint.... mom)

Valentine's Day:
Kevin and I like to celebrate Valentine's Day a few days earlier. Since my mom was visiting (more on that later) Kevin and I went out to dinner to a fancy restaurant. I left Luke with my mom! When we returned home, our toilet was leaking water. It turned out we had a clogged line. Our first problem with our house. The next morning the plumber came and $125 later we can use our plumbing again. It turned out to be baby wipes. I love my children!

I have always wanted to do a triathlon, but I never had a bike. Kevin bought me a bike for my birthday! I enjoy riding it, but I am very uncomfortable riding it on the street with cars. The bike path along the riverbed is just fine for me. We signed up for our first tri! We are doing a short one in June in Redondo Beach and a longer one in September in Malibu. I'm excited!


Anonymous said...

That aerial tram is cool. We did it last year when there was snow up there too.

KiMnRoB said...

I'm doing a tri in August! Except mine won't be near as beautiful as the ones you're doing, THE BEACH?!
So fun!
And happy belated birthday!