Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Crafts & Recovery

We left Monday afternoon with a clean house, we returned last night and made a messy house. In my attempts to avoid unpacking this....I cleaned up all the Christmas decorations. I suddenly remembered, I didn't take any pictures of the stuff I made today, and I know everyone is dying to know what I did with that football field worth of flannel. Well, here ya go!
Here are Hannah and Gavin's Christmas blankets and pillow cases. These things are SO easy to make. See why I couldn't resist buying this flannel? The pink and blue snowmen, the pink and blue snowflakes, the cute blue penguins, and the pink Christmas trees! I fell in love at first sight!
My next blanket I made was a Christmas throw. My sister-in-law, Rachel, was over and I showed her my cute flannel, she liked it a lot. She twisted my arm, and I decided to make not one, but two... we both needed one. She cut, I sewed. It was a fabulous team. She also helped minimize the critical remarks from Kevin on how messy the house was getting.I made this pillow too! I love the red ball trim.
I wanted a wreath, but all the ones I saw I didn't like, so I made my own. I was really intimidated with the thought of making my own wreath, but once I got started I realized how easy it was.Remember my New Year's Resolutions for this year? One of them was to finish all my unfinished craft projects. This is one I finished. I got a custom mat, but bought a regular frame from Michael's (the mat was twice as much as the frame, but it makes the cross-stitch look so good). This one only took me 6 years to finish!Another one of my unfinished craft projects finished! My Christmas advent calendar only took me 2 1/2 years!I think Hannah has caught the crafting bug, maybe she was born with it? Nature or Nurture? Santa brought her a sewing machine for Christmas, she is so excited to use it! Unfortunately, the elves put the wrong sewing machine in Santa's sleigh, so Hannah can't sew on it until Santa comes back to bring her the right one. While she waits, she is working on her hand sewing.

Well, back to unpacking from Christmas and beginning the task of finding places for all these new toys Hannah and Gavin got.

4 comments:

Anie said...

WOW!!! You are SO crafty!!! I am VERY impressed!!! My favorite is definitely the Christmas blankets and pillow cases!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them both! I SO wished we lived closer and could get together and do crafts! Why did I have to be working when I actually did live close to you?!?!? Now I'm home during the day with no one to teach me how to make such cool projects!! Nice work! Have fun unpacking! :)

The Rex Family said...

It's so funny to see pics of my old apartment! How's it going over there? Love all of your crafts! So cute! I LOVE those blankets for the kids beds!

ash and jay said...

i'd like to order one x-mas pillow please........seriously, you should start a business with all your crafty talent.

Robin said...

Court- Hey! B's number is 801-367-2236 or 714-996-2923 for the house. I will tell you you are trying to call her. she is supposed to be staying a couple more days i think