Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmastitis

We've been going up to my parent's house and celebrating Christmas on the 23rd and 24th. It was nice this year since we all made it, except for Justin (he's on his mission).
My parents love being grandparents. I love to see them enjoy my kids.
My sister (Lauren) got Hannah the coolest present. She Looooved it.
Christmas Eve morning I woke up to open presents and had a clogged milk duct. By the time we were done opening the presents I had full blown mastitis. Misery and flu like symptoms set in. I tried to sleep it off, but nothing helped.
I had to drive from Bakersfield to Glendale, it was the worst drive. I was miserable at Kevin's family's (his Dad's side) party. Some kid kept playing a drum and I thought my head was going to explode.
I finally got my antibiotics that night, I was still miserable Christmas morning and missed my kids open their presents.
We went to Burbank to spend the day with Kevin's Grandparents (his Mom's side). I didn't start feeling better until Christmas night.
Every year I am amazed at the mess all the Christmas loot makes. We spent all day putting it away, along with the Christmas decorations. We are ready for the New Year and our fresh start. It's time to start thinking about our New Year's Resolutions now.

No comments: