Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beach Camping

Beach Camping at El Capitan has been a Jones family tradition since Kevin's dad was a little boy. It is a tradition I want to carry on in my family. I love seeing Kevin share his childhood memories with Hannah and Gavin. I just hope when my kids are older they aren't making out with other kids under the lifeguard tower like their daddy did.
We went with Kim, Jim, Jeremy, Melissa, and Michael (Kevin's aunt and her family). We always have the best time with the Dicatos.
It was a bit of a challenge to keep Hannah's foot clean since she had stitches. I bought her some cheap rainboots and along with a band-aid, tape, and a sock, her cut stayed pretty clean.
Gavin pounding about 10 marshmallows at once...
The monkey tree... Hannah and Gavin must have spent hours playing in this tree. They got a few scrapes, but it didn't seem to stop them from climbing it again.
Wanting to play with fire... Just like his Daddy...
Roasting hotdogs for dinner. We even cooked our baked beans in a pot over the fire... it doesn't get more camping than that!I can't wait to go next year!

No comments: