Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our New House

I thought I should do a few before and after pictures of our home. Kevin has been working very hard on our home to bring it up to our standards.
Our bedroom
before...
Kevin fixed the closet, we painted, changed the electrical outlets, carpeted, and put in new light fixtures.
After...
(I love my light, it looks like a big fat candle)(We need to finish putting the hardware on the closet)
Kevin's office... AKA "The Man Cave"
before...
(Gavin was such a good helper)
The "4th Bedroom" had lovely mauve tile and an orange peel texture on the wall that was just as lovely. Kevin busted that nasty tile out in about 15 minutes. I guess he had some aggression built up and took it out on the floor with an 8lb sledge hammer. To take care of the orange peel texture Gavin and I skimmed the walls with over 100 lbs of "mud." After skimming, we sanded, primed, painted, carpeted, and Kevin put the baseboards up.
After...
(Kevin got lucky because I did not want the TV in the bedroom, every man cave needs a TV)

(All Kevin needs is a big leather chair to complete his man cave, unfortunately for him, I am demanding a dishwasher first)

I should have done a better job of the before pictures, but to be honest I didn't want anyone to see it! My sister-in-law, Rachel, came over and told me to just get my camera and take pictures right now. I did and I am really happy I listened to her because now I have all the ugly before pictures to show when we have our after pics!

6 comments:

Anie said...

Ya, that really WAS smart to do before and after pics! Mostly because it showed how much work you guys have done! I am incredibly impressed!!! It looks AMAZING! Your bedroom is my favorite! I love the color, the curtains, the light fixture- everything!!! GREAT JOB! I love how excited you guys are about fixing it up! And how Gavin and Hannah had gotten involved. I have to tell you- Madi picked up my phone yesterday and started talking to Hannah and Gavin- yes, both of them. She's all, "Hi Hannah and Gavin. What are you doing. I miss you." It was really cute. I should have called you right then, but I can see you've been a little preoccupied! :)

Stopher and Nicolle said...

it looks good!! now go take some more!! i'm way impressed. you always were the crafty type!

Jocelyn said...

looks great so far, your bedroom colors are awesome. Man cave watch out you might not see your husband then again they do come out for two things

The Peterson's said...

Thank you Rachel for making her take pictures!! I love to see before and after pictures.. Looks like things are coming along.

Garrett and Leslie said...

Things are looking great over there! I want to see it in person! Let me know if you need any help with anything. I don't know how much I can do with a broken foot, but I can try!!!

Beth said...

Wow! I cannot believe how much work you have done!!! Please have me over when you are finished!

I am one of the few who got to see it in person...thanks for letting me be your Realtor!