Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy Weekend

Hannah's preschool class participated in "Celebrate La Mirada" Day. Her class sang all the songs they have been learning. These are the Months of the Year, the color songs; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and Magic Words. Hannah was right in front of the microphone so I could make out her vibrato. She has such a sweet voice. She has always been a good little singer. Unfortunately, there were two disruptive boys who shouted most of the time. It was a cute little performance. She is getting so big!I decided to paint the house this weekend too. I dragged Kevin away from all the football games on the TV. I told him we would only work for an hour. It turned out to be more like 6. The kids were excited to help paint. For the most part, they were pretty helpful and productive. They got paint on the wall and Kevin went over it to even it all out.
Before...
Different Stages...
After...
Should I paint my door red or black? HELP! I can't decide.

10 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Love the color! I vote black. Black for sure.

The Rex Family said...

It looks so great! I say black... I love black doors.

..::k.toms::.. said...

Your house looks so good! It's amazing what a little paint can do.
Black is classic and red makes a statment... I say RED! It would look so good next to the blue of the house and white trim!

Garrett and Leslie said...

I definitely vote for black

Tawny said...

I love a black door! We have one and it always looks great and doesn't show as much dirt. Your house looks so good. You are an amazing pregnant woman...

Kristina said...

red is cute but way trendy. i like the idea of black

..::k.toms::.. said...

This is random but are your next door neighbors Thai?
I was looking back at your bathroom pictures and I noticed a Thai Buddha statue in the window... only I would notice something like that.

Beth said...

wow! I love it!!! It doesn't even look the same! I LOVE red doors...in China red doors means good luck. But I think with the color of your house with the white trim...a black door.

When do I get to come over and see it in person????

The Peterson's said...

I like black!

Anie said...

I love the color! You have such a cute house. I have to say that I actually love the color of your front door as is though. The white really ties in with the fence. But I'm sure whatever you guys do will also look great! I'm just so amazed with all the work you guys have done and how awesome everything looks!