Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Gavin!

We celebrated Gavin's birthday last night with our family. Instead of going big this year, I decided (with a little persuasion) pizza and cupcakes at Grandma's house was just fine.

I made pirate cupcakes, unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of them. I melted white chocolate chips to make the skulls, they ended up looking like scary old school hockey masks. Oh well, Gavin likes hockey too. Gavin made the blue frosting and I rolled them in blue sprinkles.
(Thank you Melissa for taking these pictures so I could protect the candles from Hannah)
Gavin really got into opening his presents. Kids start to grasp the concept of a birthday around 2 1/2, so their 3rd birthday is really their first real birthday.
My mother in law found some pirate stuff on sale and sent it to me. Gavin loved his pirate badge. He's all ready for the drive home! Kevin and Gavin are going to Hockey Giant to get his hockey helmet today! He loves going to the hockey store.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!! He looks so big in these pictures...3 years old is a fun year!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Wow, I can't believe your boy is 3?! Time flies...
Happy birthday Gavin!
And Witches Night is just an event that is put on for the ladies during the Deer Hunt (Usually the 3rd weekend in Oct.)
Even though our husbands don't hunt, its still fun to go out and dance the night away.
Maybe something you should plan for next year? Just to get a break from Kevin and your THREE KIDS? Oh my gosh, I can't believe you have 3 kids!!!!

The Elms said...

I remember "getting out of the house" and going to his 1st birthday party! That seems like it was yesterday! Gavin is adorable! Happy Birthday!!