Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday

Kevin takes great pride in his lawn, he brought it back from the dead when we bought our house. Gavin is following in his Daddy's footsteps, quite literally. I had to grab my camera when I saw this.*Kevin has thrown away his crocs several times and I keep pulling thiem out of the trash...
They are perfectly good for yard work!
Sorry Kevn
The forecast predicted rain today so we spent the day preparing for our first rainstorm in our house. We have a lot of wood scraps from various projects and I asked Kevin if we could have a fire. I'm not sure if that was such a good idea. As I was loading the dishwasher I saw huge flames in the reflection of the window in front of me. I turned around and saw him feeding fuel into our first fire. It's been such a warm and cozy day with a fire, I've loved it.
Gavin is pretty good at building guns and airplanes with his legos... here he is showing off a "gund" he made. Poor little guy busted his eye open today in our front yard. I cuddled him, gave him an icepack and told him it was like Daddy's hockey boo boo and he was ok.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Your yard looks amazing! I can't believe it is the same house I sold you a few months ago. Plus what did you do in the living room? Did you change the fireplace...was it always white? It looks really nice (and cozy) And the wood floors look great too!

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jones Family said...

The paint thinner was Kevin's "lighter fluid" Look at those flames!! That is not from kindling alone.

Anie said...

Spencer and I were just talking about how nice it would be to have a real wood burning fireplace!! We ought to, since we're the ones with the 40 degree weather right now! What's it like there?! Only 2 more months until we fly in for a 3 week California Vacation!! I can hardly wait!