Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of Preschool

Today was Hannah's last day of preschool because we leave for North Carolina tomorrow. I was so sad. I've dropped her off and picked her up a hundred times, now I wish that I cherished every one. I will miss hearing who was the helper and the other preschool gossip I was privileged to hear every Tuesday and Thursday. Today was a day of reflection for me. Realizing how much my sweet baby girl has grown up this school year.
This is Hannah at her birthday party when she first started preschool back in November. (Because we moved to Long Beach in October she started late)

Hannah and Miss Baker on Hannah's last day of school.

Hannah loves Miss Baker. Miss Baker is your quintessential preschool teacher with her kind voice and eternal patience. She makes school magical, exciting, and enriching. She really loved the kids in her class. She is the kind of teacher you obey not for fearing punishment, but because you don't want to disappoint her. Miss Baker is wonderful and we will miss her and preschool, but we have a lot of fun and exciting adventures awaiting us this summer.

4 comments:

Anie said...

Awww... I can see why you were feeling so sentimental today!! Thank goodness for GREAT teachers! That's awesome that Hannah had such a great experience her first year of school! WOW- she'll be a BIG kindergartner next year!! Have fun in North Carolina!!!

The Rex Family said...

I can't wait til Kaile can go to preschool! We will have to plan something when you guys get back from north carolina... Kaile has been sick the past couple of days but I still want to go feed those ducks! She would LOVE that! Let me know!

..::k.toms::.. said...

They really do grow up so fast!
Tomsick fam is doing good. Yes, Rob is now fufulling his life-long dream.
Now it's on to me and what I want...
Looks like you guys are doing well out there in LB!

Eldredge greatness said...

SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE.. hello! you have a 4 yr old.
what the shiznit is that all about! lol. jk. you love the word. shiznit!