Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday. I plan ahead months in advance. Every year I go up to my mom's house to make Halloween costumes. This year, Hannah was Glinda the Good Witch and Gavin was a pirate.

The day started off with a Halloween costume parade at Hannah's preschool. The kids walked around showing off their costumes and the parents fought like the paparazzi trying to get priceless pics. Check out all the parents in the background... that is how it was like all around the fence.

The kids walked along the sidewalk next. I was running around like the paparazzi getting pictures of my girl.This is her class picture. Hannah's sleeves are as big, if not bigger, than her head!We had our ward Halloween party. I signed up to make a cake for the cake walk. I think I bit off more than I could chew. I was pretty stressed all day making these dang cupcakes. I did mini chocolate cupcakes with black frosting and rolled them in black sprinkles... Then I had large cupcakes with black frosting. I used a mini marshmallow for the head and drew in the skeleton's body. I was pretty happy how they turned out.Thanks to a lot of help from my friends we were able to complete all the plates of cupcakes.
Thank you Stacy and Leslie.Poor Gavin slept through the whole party... We kept checking on him, the light was on, everyone was walking in and out of the room and he was passed out.Hannah won the award for the prettiest girl costume. I was so happy. I think it was the crown that clenched her victory... It really completed the costume. Hannah was so happy to get the award for the prettiest girl... wouldn't you?Hannah and Kevin Trick or Treated together. I made Kevin a pirate costume to match Gavin's, but he decided last minute not to wear it.Hannah and I drove around to a couple of friend's houses to show off her costume then headed home. We had a great time Trick or Treating with just Mommy and Hannah.

11 comments:

Kristina said...

court, you guys all look great!

Jocelyn said...

love the costume. Homemade is so much better

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Rex Family said...

Your kids are so cute... and their costumes, ADORABLE!! Kaile had so much fun playing with Hannah and Gavin... she loves dressing up with Hannah and I love how Hannah got Kaile dressed all by herself! so cute!!

Beth said...

What a fun day! I would of voted for Hannah for the prettiest girl costume too! That is the cutest costume ever...you should be proud, you did a great job!

Garrett and Leslie said...

Hannah had the award in the bag! haha

Luisa said...

All the costumes turned out SO cute...and your cupcakes were really cute too. I know, I feel bad you didn't have your decorations in time for Halloween...but let's get together to finish them so you'll have them for next year.

aftonelam said...

Courtney,

Wow-their costumes turned out great. You are a great momma. You can tell that Hannah felt very pretty. We need to meet up some time-we miss hangin out with you guys. Oh, check out Evie's costume it turned out great.

Afton

Braden and Jodee said...

Her crown turned out fabulous! Nice job. Looks like a fun Halloween :)

Anie said...

WOW!!! Great job making Hannah's costume!!! I am VERY impressed! Oh how I remember the school Halloween Parades! Last year was my first time in several years NOT to be taking part in them. Always total chaos! We'd have to walk in a big circle (by grade level) for everyone to check out the costumes. Talk about PRESSURE to come up with a good one! Teachers always had to have a SUPER cool, creative costume. You probably feel the same way as a parent! Hannah definitely was the prettiest girl though!!! I'm shocked at what a small class she has. Lucky for her (and her teacher:). Glad you guys had such a fun Halloween!!

Eldredge greatness said...

you look different. just grown up. and even more beautiful. is that possible?
I can tell you love being a mom. dude,Kevin, you are so lame for not wearing a costume that your wife spent a good amount of TIME on. especially when she doesnt have alot of it.